Friday, July 1, 2011

Anything's possible - Kevin Garnett

I got an invite to the September class.  I'm super excited and relieved.

I couldn't bring myself to open the email for a few minutes.  I just stared at the screen and shouted expletives.  My body gave me a boost of adrenaline or something, 'cause I got real hot and started sweating. 

Over the last few years, I'd arranged a lot of my life around getting this job, and my looming expiration seemed cruel.  I'd mentally accepted the idea that an invite wasn't going to happen, and was bummed about it.  But on Tuesday, I got an email with the offer.  Pretty dramatic.  More dramatic than I wanted.

I began this candidacy in February 2009.  The offer came 869 days after taking the FSOT.  A long ride to get to the start.

9 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats!

Brandee said...

Congratulations, Nick! I'm sad I won't be joining you for at least a year or two. I hope you keep us updated.

Unknown said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!

I am sooooooooooo happy for you. I told you!!! Congrats. Oh wow!! Really, like wow!!!

Digger said...

Congrats! I have updated your listing on my blogroll to reflect your offer.

Bfiles said...

that is such great news. congrats!!

Jonathan Dennehy said...

I knew you could do it, Nick!!! I am really happy for you, and you deserve it! After all this time you never gave up. This is great!!

That Lady, There! said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you! This is terrific news!

njtworld said...

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I'm still floating.

Anonymous said...

I first took the FSOT in Sept 2001 (I passed the test but not the subsequent orals) and joined the Jan 2005 A100. I feel your pain/joy.