Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Singing zippity do da day god damnit - JT and the Clouds

I made the register.

After months of waiting in adjudication for my security clearance, I kind of got used to waiting, and expected to wait for State to run its final review.  Turns out, that only took a couple days.

I got a letter a few days ago letting me know that I'm now on the management register

I'll start at the end of the list of eligible hires, but I think I have a good shot at the May class.  Each class seems to take about 20 candidates from each track, and I'm currently ranked in the mid-thirties or so on the list.  It all depends on how many people in front of me are on the do-not-call list.  There could be 20 or so people who have asked not to be called until a later class, which would give me a spot in May.

I've spent a lot of time dreaming about a career in the Foreign Service, but haven't let myself really believe it would happen.  At this point though, I am allowing myself to believe. 

1 comment:

Jonathan Dennehy said...

Believe it Nick!

There are a lot of DNCs on the MGT register, so don't be surprised to get The Call.

Congratulations!

Jonathan